1. Control the number of listings you get - In your Smart Location Bar, you get a default of 12 sites showing up. You can change this number to the amount you want or just to none at all by doing this:
- Type about:config
- Press Ok button when the security warning pops up
- Paste browser.urlbar.maxRichResults in to the open box and press Enter.
Double-click the result, and it'll let you change that digit to whatever you want. One thing to note, though, is if you add more results, it won't make the list any longer than six at a time, so you'll still have to scroll.
2. Keep bookmarks off the address bar - So you have a couple of bookmarked sites, maybe 100+ so, but you don't want them to show up in your address bar when you're typing (mostly cause if gets in the way if you're typing other URLs), you can use this modification to disable that little feature they included.
3. Hide certain sites - So you know other people use your computer and you don't want them seeing your browsing history *cough* porn *cough*, well there is a nice solution that can allow you to ban on a site basis, rather than have you deleting your browsing history all together. It's called
Distrust 0.8 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1559